Words by MPDClick’s Creative Writer.
This week it’s the Creative Writer’s turn to share her current summer inspirations.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Stay in touch this summer with these Pretty Polaroid Notes by Jenifer Altman. Dreamy, delicate and timeless these note cards are best shared with friends.
2. How I covet this delightful summer dress by tba. The off white ‘Ella’ dress made from 100% silk features scalloped organza front panels and delicate sheer short sleeves. Perfect for picnics, high tea and summer parties.
3. English painter and actress Jemima Kirke won my heart as the spirited Jessa Johansson in the TV series Girls. MPDClick’s style and girl crush of the moment, Jemima’s bohemian personality inspires a carefree attitude.
4. My go-to beauty secret, Lucas’ Papaw Ointment is a multi-tasking salve which works on pretty much everything…it’s no wonder that it is one of Australia’s favourite beauty products. A cult balm amongst make-up artists this miracle ointment is great for cracked and dry lips.
5. The ultimate summer book! The Virgin Suicides is the haunting, humorous and tender story of the brief lives of the five Lisbon sisters. Cecilia’s vintage 1920′s wedding dress and the girls’ handmade prom dresses inspire my wardrobe this season.
6. Paris-based artist Hélène Cayre works exclusively by hand in watercolour, pencil and ink. Her illustration of Kirsten Dunst as ‘Lux’ in the movie adaptation of ‘The Virgin Suicides’ is one of my favourites by this incredibly talented artist.
7. Finally, Topshop‘s pork pie straw hat is the perfect holiday accessory.