Words by MPDClick’s Managing Editor/Senior Trends Analyst.
This week it’s the Managing Editor and Senior Trends Analyst’s turn to share her current inspirations.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Intense colour use, impeccable styling and an infectious sense of optimism are what make this stunningly euphoric editorial by photographer Pierre Debusschere for V Magazine Spain my ‘inspirational editorial of the month’.
2. Sean Hart’s street art – because sometimes words are all you need.
3. What do the Hairchitecture installation by Fahr 021.3, Kolektyw’s amazing ‘hairy’ chairs at DMY Berlin and new CSM graduate Azusa Dannohara all have in common? They all appear to be inspired by artist Nick Caves’ hair-raising soundsuits (featured here alongside the fall fashion for a Ted Sabarese editorial).
4. I am currently lusting over these flower and jewel drop earrings by Asos and these simply stunning coral suede and gold glitter mix peep toe shoes from Topshop – which girl doesn’t love a bit of sparkle?
5. Simon Cheadle’s interactive ‘Make Mistakes’ project celebrates imperfections in the creative process with a ‘just have fun’ attitude. Download your free tool set here.
6. Although this isn’t new, I think that Berlin-based artsist Jeppehein’s ‘Modified Social Benches’ perfectly capture how a freeing mentality and sense of wonder can instigate fresh new ways of looking at space – making the urban environment your playground encourages greater social interactivity.
7. Finally, in keeping with this new revolutionary spirit, I would like to highlight the work of Lucas Maassen, whose work features in our upcoming MPDVision magazine. The forward-thinking designer heralds a new age of collaboration, where children become part of the design process.
Image Source: V Magazine; Sean Hart; TrendLand; Topshop & Asos; Simon Cheadle; Jeppehein; Lucas Maassen.