Words by MPDClick’s Trend Journal Editor.
This week it’s the Trend Journal Editor’s turn to share her current inspirations. With a summer full of weddings, the question of trend-led yet appropriate attire is the big quandary of the month. Also on the agenda are retro style tunes making for an achingly cool summer soundtrack and exciting new artists and exhibitions on the radar.
From top to bottom, left to right.
1. First of all, summer weddings. I’ve been lusting over Unique‘s hieroglyphics print dress, and have found one with a slightly more modest neckline fit for a church ceremony.
2. A studded Bottega Veneta clutch holds vast versatility and is the perfect accessory for any occasion.
3. These delectable red pumps by Carvela are a great addition to a monochrome ensemble and the soft curved edge contrasted with a hard metal stiletto heel are great contemporary design features.
4. With men’s fashion weeks taking the lime light, you cant help but look to Ermenegildo Zegna for tailoring inspirtaion, perfect for the other half! MPDClick subscrbers can click here for the full coverage.
5. On my summer playlist will be single ‘QueenS’ By Seattle duo TheeSatisfaction, a great 70’s enthused dance tune and Jake Bugg’s ‘Lightning Bolt’ an uplifting jig of tune sure to get everyone of their seats and dancing.
6. I’m also preparing for an upcoming research trip to Paris, and while I’m there I would love to check out Tim Burton – The Exhibition held at the famed Cinémathèque française.
7. Lastly I wanted to introduce you to a lady whose artwork has been doing the rounds in the blogosphere currently, Izziyana Suhaimi. Preferring to work with craft-based techniques, Suhaimi uses decorative embroidery to enhance her illustrations and the results are stunning, enjoy!
Image source (clockwise from top left): Unique, Bottega Veneta, Carvela, Ermenegildo Zegna, Izziyana Suhaimi, Jake Bugg, Theesatisfaction.