Words by MPDClicks Trade Fair Intern.
This week MPDClick’s Trade Fair Intern shares her current inspirations. Growing up in all things equestrian, and off the back of such a successful Olympics, here she shares how horse riding inspires her fashion choices.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Nothing beats a summer day at the races. The Topshop Rose dip hem dress is a perfect buy for ladies day at Kempton Park, both practical and pretty.
2. In a fusion of fashion, art and technology, Ralph Lauren celebrated their 10th year in 2010 of digital innovation with 4D projection mapping. This has proved influential on the way I look at fashion communication even today, and is both exciting and exhilarating.
3. Shona Heath is a fascinating and inspiring art director. Thinking big, she has created some remarkable fashion-led editorial sets. Working with the fashion photographer Tim Gutt on an editorial for British Vogue’s June issue, this equestrian inspired Olympics tribute is a play between the fun and fashion of equestrianism.
4. For that luxury feel I like to delve into the worlds of nail art. This embellished design by Ly-nah’s Nail Designz is inspired by all-things-equestrian, and shows how a balance of fashion and equestrian creates a classy subtle reference.
5. What better way to inspire then by visiting the heritage of one of my favourite designers. Gucci Museo in Florence exhibits all things Gucci, include their beautifully crafted Gucci design saddles.
6. Tim Walker is without a doubt my favourite fashion photographer, with each image inspiring a unique story. This fashion photograph was created for Vogue America 2012.
7. This Swarovski crystal watch is a cute addition to any fashion accessory collection, and is currently on my wishlist!